Which iPads can I use Structure Sensor with?
To identify what iPad you have, take a look at the model number on the back cover:
Alternatively, you can go to "Settings -> General -> About -> Model". Tap "Model" once to reveal.
Most Powerful iPad Model (A12X processor)
- 12.9-inch iPadPro (3rd gen) - 2018 - Model: A1876, A2014, A1895, A1983
- 11-inch iPad Pro - 2018 - Models: A1980, A1934, A2013, A1979
- iPad Air (3rd Generation) 10.5-inch - 2019 - Models: A2152, A2123, A2153, A2154
iPad Mini 5 - 2019 - Models: A2133, A2124, A2126, A2125
iPad Models (A10X processor):
- iPad (6th generation) - 2018 - Models: A1893, A1954
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro - 2017 - Models: A1701, A1709
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd gen) - 2017 - Models: A1670, A1671
iPad Models (A9X processor):
- iPad (5th generation) - 2017 - Model: A1822, A1823
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st gen) - 2015 - Models: A1584, A1652
iPad Models (A7/A8 processor):
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro - 2016 - Models: A1673, A1674, A1675
- iPad Air 2 - Late 2014 - Models: A1566, A1567
- iPad mini 4 - Late 2015 - Models: A1538, A1550
Deprecated iPad Models (limited functionality):
- iPad Air (1) - Late 2013 and early 2014 - Models: A1474, A1475, A1476
(Note: We no longer manufacture brackets for the following iPads.)
- iPad mini 3 - Late 2014 - (Note: We no longer manufacture brackets for this iPad.) Models: A1599, A1600
- iPad mini 2 - Late 2013 and early 2014 - (Note: We no longer manufacture brackets for this iPad.) Models: A1489, A1490, A1491
- iPad (4th Generation) - (Note: We no longer manufacture brackets for this iPad.) - Models: A1458, A1459, A1460
Please note that all of the above include the Lightning connector and the A6X or better processor.
The following iPads are not compatible with Structure Sensor:
- iPad Mini - Models: A1432, A1454, A1455
- iPad (3rd Generation) - Models: A1416, A1430, A1403
- iPad 2 - Models: A1395, A1396, A1397
What about the recently released (newest) iPad models?
We do work hard to support new iPads as quickly as possible, and we've supported every new release within a few months since the iPad 4th Generation (several years ago). We do work swiftly, but if you would like to be notified when one of the newest models is supported then you can quickly add your name to one of the lists below (we will not use your email for anything other than notifying you when the iPad mentioned becomes a supported model).
Visit structure.io/store to see which iPads are currently supported.