Which iPads can I use Structure Sensor with?
To identify what iPad you have, take a look at the model number on the back cover:
Alternatively, you can go to "Settings -> General -> About -> Model". Tap "Model" once to reveal.
Most Powerful iPad Models (A10X processor):
- iPad (6th generation) - 2018 - Models: A1893, A1954
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro - 2017 - Models: A1701, A1709
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd gen) - 2017 - Models: A1670, A1671
iPad Models (A9X processor):
- iPad (5th generation) - 2017 - Model: A1822, A1823
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st gen) - 2015 - Models: A1584, A1652
iPad Models (A7/A8 processor):
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro - 2016 - Models: A1673, A1674, A1675
- iPad Air 2 - Late 2014 - Models: A1566, A1567
- iPad mini 4 - Late 2015 - Models: A1538, A1550
Deprecated iPad Models (limited functionality):
- iPad Air (1) - Late 2013 and early 2014 - Models: A1474, A1475, A1476
- iPad mini 3 - Late 2014 - Models: A1599, A1600
- iPad mini 2 - Late 2013 and early 2014 - Models: A1489, A1490, A1491
- iPad (4th Generation) - (Note: We no longer manufacture brackets for this iPad.) - Models: A1458, A1459, A1460
Please note that all of the above include the Lightning connector and the A6X or better processor.
The following iPads are not compatible with Structure Sensor:
- iPad Mini - Models: A1432, A1454, A1455
- iPad (3rd Generation) - Models: A1416, A1430, A1403
- iPad 2 - Models: A1395, A1396, A1397
- iPad - Models: A1219, A1337
What about the 11-inch iPad Pro and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd gen) iPads?
Great question! We do work hard to support new iPads as quickly as possible, and we've supported every new release within a few months since the iPad 4th Generation (several years ago). This time, there's a new connector (USB-C), so adapting it will be more involved for us.
Visit structure.io/store to see which iPads are currently supported.